Monday, August 23, 2010

Dissertation completed

For the first time, this evening, the entire dissertation is complete. One week for my professor to review, one week for the committee to review, and then I should be defending. There will still be editing, but the document as a whole is finally together.

221 pages, ~41,000 words (I swear I didn’t PLAN on it being 41k words, my 41 bretheren… :) ).

Thank you guys for all your support over the years of attempting this…I am sure I couldn’t have done it without the support of my friends.


-- The Old Fool
“If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” -George Orwell.
Creative Commons License
Blog - Musings of an Old Fool by Juan Lopez is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at lopezj4141.blogspot.com.
-

4 comments:

  1. I assume you will NOT be submitting it to 'Nature' magazine in its present form?
    Ted Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or any form, I would assume. :)

    222 pages in the dissertation final version...if I was going to include my appendices (I got approval to just include a DVD with the material), it would be closer to 2,000-3,000 pages. 9,000 images and movies, 100 pages of computer code I wrote. I think I hit an adequate threshold for " done". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Of course you didn't plan on it being 41K. If you had planned it, it would have been 41,014. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you never know...after one takes the time to make the edits required by a committee, the temptation to pare or add a few dozen words to reach 41014 may be...tempting... ;)

    ReplyDelete