Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Guess I'm old...but it beats the alternative


Specifically, the alternative in the final panel. :-). 

I actually DID grow up listening to vinyl records, opera and classical masters specifically. I played "Digger" off a floppy disk on a "laptop" that was really a 20-lb brick with a 3 inch monchrome screen in its front end and required 2 floppys - 1 for the operating system and memory, and the other for programs and storage space. I programmed my first mock virus in DOS Basic, and recall being wowed by Windows 3.11 and Mac OS 2 or 3's plug-and-play that was really plug-and-play. Played Warcraft when hearing the modem dial up was exciting. I remember learning to check all the CPU interrupt request queue settings to make sure newly installed things like mice didn't crash the hard drive by holding the same IRQ assignment. Rode in a car for years that had only an 8-track player and radio. And thankfully, I was old enough to hate the Power Rangers and Pokemon when they became fads.

Young whippersnapper punks.

 :- )



No comments:

Post a Comment