Note the author's apparently shared ethnic background with myself. Neither of us are full-on members of the race he for which he is standing up. I couldn't agree more with the statements he made on his artwork. The duplicity I see every day when it comes to the word "hate" and "tolerance" exasperates me. The second piece of meaning in the artwork explains the main reason for my exasperation: "it is ok for me to hate if I have been a victim". I would argue that it REALLY plays out as follows: "it is ok for me to hate if I FEEL like I, or a member of my perceived sub-culture group, have, at some point, been victimized". There doesn't need to be an objective incident for people to take up this standard, it is one of the most subjectively applied disgusting idiocies in this whole "victim culture".
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Politically it is ok to hate....who?
This was a great article, and worth the thought-provoking questions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment