Hey all, sorry it took a while to update. Anyway, here it goes.
So, the first results came back today.
Eh. Not exactly anything too surprising.
It is almost definitely not a primarily auto-immune problem. Good and bad on that end. Good because no one wants their own body attacking itself for no good reason. Bad, because at least autoimmune problems can often be treated.
Unsurprising: the insulin. Tested it at the same time as I tested the autoimmune response to insulin.
Normal MAXIMUM adult level for this test: 23.0
My level: 402.0
That’s only a roughly 1,750% overshoot to a healthy adult response.
Yup, it would be GREAT to do that to my body multiple times a day as the gastric surgeries will all demand. I am even LESS inclined to do so now.
In other results, my vitamin B levels are ok. Granted, that is after a year of taking 20,000% - 40,000% the daily recommended dose for an adult. No, I did not mistype those numbers. Twenty to forty thousand percent. The fact that I have not OVER accumulated the drug or even reached the upper limits does not necessarily bode well for the prediction of how well I’m absorbing it. Got to do an absorption test next week.
Been walking with a limp for almost a week now…not been very fun to move around.
Car repairs will cost $5300. Thank you, insurance! Booooooooo to future rises in premiums. I suppose that after 11 years in and around the Texas area and missing deleterious effects from three hurricanes I was parked near, I was DUE some weather-related problems. :- )
Ah, yes, discovered that I will need oral surgery on one back molar. Got to figure out when we can cram that in.
Thoroughly annoyed at cheating students. Thoroughly.
Now, on the bright side of things:
friends of mine have had babies recently (congrats!)
my own niece is coming along nicely (due in June).
Also designed and built a 10’ wide letterbox screen for the church projector for my parents to project movies on. Simple materials, 5 hours construction, done deal.
The kiddos are all still pumped up about their science demonstration.
Going to finally have a weekend to spend with my sister.
Am in better health than some other folks I’ve met.
Re-connected with a LONG time ago friend/mentor whom I had not spoken to in 11 years due to lives having gone in diverging directions. It was refreshingly great.
Got to salve some old family wounds with a distanced cousin of mine.
Oh, and I have great friends I can write to and keep up to date on the minutae of my life.
:- )
Have a good night, all.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment