Monday, June 22, 2009

Briefly up....

So, I'm up for a little bit. Figured I'd share the amusing warning label on the current solution:

"Note, the compound is highly toxic. Take one dose every two hours until acute attack subsides or vomiting occurs, whichever comes first."

At least they are nice enough to remind me that if my body finally has enough of the toxic substance it has to resort to violent expulsion, that it's probably the "stopping point".

What is even sadder...I am glad to be taking it. In 6 years, it is the only thing that has been able to work one one of these acute episodes. The edema is about 50% lower after 4 doses, though the pain has not subsided in the least. But there are medicines one can take for the pain. So, as long as I don't really need my liver later, I can actually navigate these couple of days with much more control than ever before. :-)

Got to find the upside, after all. :)


--
The Old Fool

“If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” -George Orwell.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment