Monday, November 23, 2009

A pox on the fundamentalists

[Rant]

I'm really surprised by the self-important, aggrandizing, hubris-filled crap spewing from the mouths of those who pride themselves on supposedly being pious and Christ-like. I don't know when it became popular among some of the young Calvinists/Reformed in my friends to compete in the gameshow nobody wins: "are you as fundamentalist and theocratic as the Taliban?". I pray that they are but a fleeting blip in the history of theology, or we're in for some horrible futures.



If that crap is what it will soon mean to many to be Christian, then label me pagan or something far, far from these fools. As Thanksgiving approaches, I find I am thankful to only have to deal with these deluded souls impersonally and infrequently, such as on Facebook, rather than have to put up with that revolting spew in person, in my work life, or in social circles.


That moronic stew of theological stank seems to only work into guilt-tripping the already "believers" into becoming more fundamentalist. If this approach has ever worked on anyone outside of the faith not already prone to submit to any cult like Jim Jones or the nike-wearing comet chasers, I would be exceedingly surprised.


Wow...[/Rant]


Strangely, though, i feel better. To all those of you in my life who nourish and uplift me...thank you for not being the above, and for being yourselves instead. :)



From: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEw2OMe10tM



From: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnDugewHPoI



From: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbvs9FNcjRI





From: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVi3TAVjo4o



--
The Old Fool

“If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” -George Orwell.


Creative Commons License
Blog - Musings of an Old Fool by
Juan Lopez is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at
lopezj4141.blogspot.com.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment