Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bottling

I still have a hard time getting over the fact that people pay more for a gallon of water than it cost to buy a gallon of gas at it's peak in the last year or so, and yet they found the value in said water, but howled at the gas. Starbucks is even pushing water bottles that are meant to make you feel guilty about NOT buying them - Ethos water, buy it or money will not get to go to Africa to help people get good TAP water. How...ironic? I don't even know the right word. I'd also like to know how all of these people feel about the sheer volume of OIL-based plastics that are going into LANDFILLS because for some reason the tap water at home is not nearly as good as the tap water that the bottling company used to put in their product. If they are lucky, SOME kind of filtering will have occurred. Basically, the same kind of filtering you could get with a home Pur system or something similar, but with none of the landfill. I'm no hippie, but I'm always amused when I see the enviro-vegan freaks sucking down those healthy waters because of course they would never drink something like a calorie-filled death-accelerating liquid.

Matt Bors

No comments:

Post a Comment