Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sleepless Night, my old friend


Here we are again.

Hello again, you scurrilous rascal …

Incorrigible, relentless, and yet ever seductive…

My own personal Janus through all of life's transitions…

I greet you grudgingly, and yet with the familiarity of an old lover…

Welcome again my old friend, my wandering muse, my Sleepless Night.

When the rest of the world has gone silently with the sandman,

You and I are left to share the silence with only each other.

Left to wander, dream, think, curse, muse, and brood,

We play off our long history and many memories.

I curse your unrelenting and daunting eternity,

You infuse me with endless ponderings.

Back and forth, our endless game.

I see that today is no different

Anon we are to meet…

Here we are again,

You and I squaring off.

Here I sit before you friend,

Unguarded, fatigued, yet awake.

You remind me of my darkest nights,

And I point out the victorious reciprocals.

But what are these trips down memory lane

If they aren't meant to be destructive missives?

Do you serve a purpose other than provide me torment?

As much as I would hate to answer in the absolute affirmative,

I must admit to you and the world the good that in you I've found.

Few of my personal triumphs have occurred away from your company,

Long, quiet, lonely, and thoughtful nights necessary but not sufficient

To discover the changes that I must make in my own wayward walk.

How curious that the one thing I feared the most as a youngling

Would become necessary to salve the wounds of life ill lived.

The dark, both seductive and velvety, yet empty and sad;

Endless in its promise and unfathomable mysteries,

Unfettered, I wax verbose in my vain soliloquies.

You assault me with daunting trepidations,

And yet free me to explore my thoughts.

In your embrace I have found peace;

Peace amidst some true storms.

So, reluctantly as it may be.

I welcome you old friend.

Here we are again

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3pUWTANwK0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZW2teLZ_Iw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOTu4os8GBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyK8Qat0alY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsNnp9B4lsM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdaMOw5_naI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b78qzdWGAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwW9L_qzqp8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZjf9C6atT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRYDetbwegs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhdGkZ6Fngw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdONjEg8HZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh2oN57ATA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6cZZgwFBX4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=truln6VnS4E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKGpZuadMsA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81RJQZ_2FpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyIPhGykY2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ge7eYq9JfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNcUe24K7r0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec3m2J1n5_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jjnA0LV4k0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfFgjAvZuEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbN2X8tv79M

No comments:

Post a Comment